That's a wrap! What a great 2017 Belleville Pride!
- To all of you who attended our many activities during this year's Pride Week!
- To the community groups and businesses who hosted events.
- To the businesses who posted Pride flags in their windows.
- To the media who provided such thorough and excellent coverage.
- To our public officials who lent their support by being visible, and by proclaiming Pride week throughout our region.
- To our sponsors, whose generosity helps to make Pride Week happen. Please give them your support and your business!
- To our volunteers: without you, this little committee would have dropped to the floor in exhaustion. We love you!
- Finally, to the 2017 Pride Committee... whose commitment and passion and humour and compassion is extraordinary.
During Pride Week, we celebrate the beautiful diversity of our rainbow community. We pause and reflect on how far we've come. And let us remember that until each of us, everywhere, can live openly without fear for their safety, we still have work to do. We will not hide. We will not be quiet. We will unite. We will love. Watch this space! Your Pride Committee will soon begin planning for 2018 Belleville Pride. If you'd like to help us out by volunteering, or if your community group or business would like to donate or sponsor our 2018 events (or to host an event during Pride Week), please reach out to us. We also invite you to like us on Facebook to stay up to date on what's in store. It's been a privilege and a joy to chair the 2017 Belleville Pride committee.
With a heart filled with thanks and Pride,
Christie & Gilles
Christie Reeve & Gilles Charette Co-Chairs, Belleville Pride 2017
To read about the history of Belleville Pride, CLICK HERE